Sunday, July 03, 2005

She's quite right.

My flatmate: 'It's July already! How absolutely extraordinary!'

Took my dad to the tip today. No, not that like that! Ahahaha! Ahahaha! Aha! Ahmm.

Anyhoodles, it was all kicking off in St. Day this morning, with car boot sales, a queue for the tip twenty vehicles long (I think as many people picking up as dropping off) and stock car racing, all on the same road. Truly we make our own entertainment down here. I'd like to think it all took place in the same venue, with bargain-hunters trying to pluck used furniture out of the back of speeding stock cars before they plummet into a crusher, but even though Health and Safety have a slightly more relaxed attitude down here (signs near mine shaft openings saying 'meh' and a crude diagram of a man shrugging, that sort of thing), I think even they would have a word.

I ran this video past a friend who has zero interest in World of Wacraft, and she found it acceptably amusing, so you should have a look. Bear with it, and don't be distracted that it seems a little slow. I was worried that it was so geeky it wouldn't translate, whereas in fact it's so geeky it's universal, a lesson for us all I think.

Moosey now has new shoulderpads, taken from a dead snake-worshipping druid in a dungeon. They're very cool, and may get their own picture at some point. My friend tells me that I talk about this stuff like it's real. I had to say yes I do. Because it is*.


*Okay, it isn't. But what if it was?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just out of curiosity, but did you ever have an imaginary friend as a child James?

felinity said...

Ahhhm thank you! I, too, have no interest in WoW, but have already heard of that piece of footage and am SO pleased to have seen it.

James Henry said...

Well, the garden gnomes tell me jesus is real...